This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting Started with Shoulder Issues

Started by Ron S, August 22, 2017 · 1 Replies · 105 Views

Ron S

Hi, I am considering starting the Gymnastic Bodies introductory program. My goals are to build mobility, range of motion and strength in the upper body.

I am currently recovering from a chronic shoulder injury and I'm seeking advice on whether the program would help or hinder my recovery.

After suffering with shoulder pain for almost 12 months that was aggravated by an injury earlier this year (in Feb), I was diagnosed with a shoulder impingement, tendonitis and bursitis. I got a cortisone shot and have been undergoing physical therapy. My shoulder is improving but I'm still limited in what I can do, have pain and limited range of motion.

I'd appreciate any advice on whether it's OK to start the program or if I should wait until I have recovered fully.

Thanks

Ron

Everett Carroll

Hi Ron,

You'll be fine to begin the course but may need to omit many of the exercises for now. While you are recovering, work closely with your doctor/rehab specialist and avoid any movements that cause pain, discomfort, or doubt. Train what you can and avoid irritating the injured area at all costs.