This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rope climb progression PE2

Started by Konrad Aleksandrowicz, August 21, 2017 · 6 Replies · 391 Views

Konrad Aleksandrowicz

Hello,

I have started Gymnastic Bodies last October. I've recently started for most movements Foundation 2, apart of Rope Climb. I just cannot finish step 8 PE2 for like 3 or 4 months, still trying but so close to give up ... would you have any suggestions please ...

Everett Carroll

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for reaching out. I suggest submitting form check videos for your PE1 and PE2 progressions, along with their integrated mobility drills. This will help us spot areas that could be improved. 

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Konrad,

This progression is most definitely one of the most frustrating out of all of the F1 exercises. I personally have gotten stuck on this progression for nearly 8 months before progressing. Believe me, there were times that I felt like skipping straight to PE3. And I'm sure many other GB students share the same frustrations.

However, if you stick to it the results will be worthwhile as you will be better prepared to handle the more challenging progressions later in the courses. Just stick to it and keep training hard and you will master this progression soon enough. 

PS- As Everett stated, a form check couldn't hurt the cause :)

Tobias Karlsson

Hi Konrad.

 

How do you fail? Is it do to increasing muscle fatigue, so it works well in first set and then worse and worse? Or is it that it is difficult already in the first set?Are you using micro progressions? While the course goes forward quite rapidly 6 reps becomes 9 for instance. The coach recommends that you do micro increases. So if you can do 4x6 but not 4x9 try doing 4x7, 4x8 then 4x9. This has help me a lot. It is easy to go too hard in the first set and then you will not have enough time to recover your energy for the next set. If you always have a few reps left in the tank for the first few sets, the final sets will also work.

Another thing you could try, and the coaches can advice if they recommend this approach. Is to the the movement at different speeds, both slower and more explosive. This could possibly increase your stability and muscle use in the movement making you more efficient.

Konrad Aleksandrowicz

Hi,

 

Thanks a lot for all the emails. I do fail from muscle fatigue. Yes it works in first sets and then worse and worse. I have started doing micro progressions as you suggested and think it works as after 1 month of workout I have moved to 5x14. So close now ... And here is the check video for PE2:

 

Salutation!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hei Konrad , here follow some clarifications:

-as PE2 you need to begin with the shoulder leaving the floor of 20-25 cm. actually, you are too high.

-much more important, never work to muscle failure. muscle failure comes first than technical failure. and with GST there are not benefits from a poor technique. when speed, tempo, the range of movement or alignment begin to change, it is the time to stop.

Konrad Aleksandrowicz

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. I'll adjust my workout taking into consideration your recommendations. 

Salutation!