This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge

Started by Steve Parks, August 20, 2017 · 6 Replies · 105 Views

Steve Parks

Just tried the thoracic bridge stretch series video, my god... I did really well until the last part when u have to bend over backwards and do any sort of handstands... Any tips on how to improve myself so i can at least do the last part of the video?

 

Thanks in advance...Steve

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Steve, can you be more accurate about the elements you are referring to?

Steve Parks
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Steve, can you be more accurate about the elements you are referring to?

Think it's called upper bridge. At 33 mins into the thoracic video I'm unable to do any of the exercises

Alessandro Mainente

Perfect. Well when you are on the main page you can:

-click on fitness

-then course library

-select stretch course

-select the TB course

-then click on the second ICONA to the right

-a new page will show how to scale the exercise so that it is more easier to progress and perform all the TB stretch course.

Pauline Taube

Hi Steve,

As Alessandro suggested I recommend to study your Course Library. In order for us to give you any more specific advices, please submit a form check.

and also, it's completely normal not being able to complete the final exercises in the series. Over time, as your strength and mobility improves you will be able to work further into the series. For now, just go as far into the series you can get :) 

Looking forward to follow your progress! 

Bjorn Lien

Hi, I've also got problems with bridging.

My problem with the bridge work is that there is no form to check! I'am a long way form managing a press on the floor. Fully rested i might be able to press up into a bridge with straight arms on the floor. I substitute all bridgepress exercises with standing bridge press as suggested in the scaling videos. 3 sets of 10 reps standing bridge press. I would like to have some tips for scaling from neck bridge into full straightarm bridge.

Pauline Taube

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for reaching out. 

It's completely normal not being able to perform the bridge work at first. I would recommend to add some daily work with the elevated cat and inverted cat stretch. Improving these will help you develop the mobility you need in order to get into the bridge. 

If your current level of strength and mobility allow you, you may get into the elevated bridge position from a handstand. Stand with your front facing the wall, kick into a handstand and support your legs on the wall. If you are able to lock out your elbows in this position, push your chest out in order to feel the stretch in your shoulders and upper back.

Feel free to share your progress with us on the forum :)