This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1 & 2

Started by Lorenzo Bohl, August 20, 2017 · 3 Replies · 118 Views

Lorenzo Bohl

Bent Hollow Body Hold

I've worked up to 5x60s on this twice, try to transition to PE2 then seem to lose endurance in this...

Bent Hollow Body Rock

I've been stuck on this basically since December of last year. I am able to perform 5x36, but then when I try to make the QUANTUM LEAP to 4x48 it's basically impossible despite scaling it back by reducing sets and sticking with it for 3 months.

Long story short: I am stuck, and would like to advance because the disparity between this element and others is nutty.

Alessandro Mainente

Hy Lorenzo , a nice strategy here before moving on it is to drop the work to an intermediate step of 4x42 reps.

Ali Mohammed
On 20-8-2017 at 5:50 PM, Lorenzo Bohl said:

Bent Hollow Body Hold

I've worked up to 5x60s on this twice, try to transition to PE2 then seem to lose endurance in this...

Bent Hollow Body Rock

I've been stuck on this basically since December of last year. I am able to perform 5x36, but then when I try to make the QUANTUM LEAP to 4x48 it's basically impossible despite scaling it back by reducing sets and sticking with it for 3 months.

Long story short: I am stuck, and would like to advance because the disparity between this element and others is nutty.

Hey man, I know your problem. What helped me and my girlfriend a lot is playing around with more difficult progressions on a random day. Eventhough you might not be able to do 5x60 Straddle Hollow Body Hold, you will be able to hold your Bent Hollow Body Rock better. Purely because you are taxing your body more I think.

We have one so called 'play day' per week where we play around with harder progressions. Which has helped us become allround stronger and increase the endurance of our holds

Nick Murray
5 minutes ago, Ali Mohammed said:

H
We have one so called 'play day' per week where we play around with harder progressions. Which has helped us become allround stronger and increase the endurance of our holds

I've used both harder elements and mobility to get over plateaus. It also gave me a lot of respect for how far I have to go!