This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Losing fat. What to cut?

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, August 19, 2017 · 2 Replies · 176 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi @Jeff Serven!

I finished the course before the summer. I changed a lot my nutrition. 6 months ago I was vegetarian and when I started eating fish again I decided to give Thrive a try. It has really change the way I eat. I m eating all the healthy food, but it s true that sometimes in top of it I eat junk food, like cookies or so. Thrive has made me less tolerable to eat junk, I feel worse when I do. Since 2 months ago I m also eating meat again.

The situation is that when i eat Thrive I feel good and energetic, but I haven t lost a pound of fat and I d love to lose a bit. I know the most important is training and I m doing that. I don t want to become super lean because I understand I probably need to get much stronger yet, but losing some fat would be nice. I also know you don t like IF and Keto for begginers and for the long term. So my question is what should I cut a bit in order to lose some fat? My guess is that I should follow Thrive portions, but as they are wide enough, I might keep protein close to the maximum recommeded portion and carbs in to the minimum. For example, carbs are 1 to 2 hands, so i was eating 100 gr of uncooked rice with dinner and 100 gr with lunch. Can i cut it to the half? 50 and 50? Does that require the minimums? Is the best way to go? Will I recover good enough? Should i increase fat or keep it the same?

I know, many questions... but i just need to know what to do to lose fat with nutrition.

Many thanks.

Oussama KHELLADI

cutting to 1 portion of carbs and 1 thumbs of fat in every meal will be a little hard on the road i asked a similar question that if should i eat less or train more or different exercises  / i chose the second of course eliminating junk food will be ideal 

Jeff Serven

Oussama is right. 

I think you should do a few things 1) body composition is a game of time, just do the right things like you are and be patient 2) Increase you're training regime if possible 3) start to limit the junk food, the absence of it at this stage will give you more return for you're effort than limiting carbs. What will happen is you will limit good carbs then get hungry then eat junk. Try to cut it by 50% if you can.