This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

General shoulder mobility question

Started by Leigh Kettle, August 17, 2017 · 2 Replies · 119 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys 

tonight I thought I'd give this stretch a try after reading it is a good indicator of your level of shoulder mobility 

there is a definite difference between each way round  in how they feel ....

The first pic feels relatively "stretch free" when I do it and as seen I can touch finger tips 

the other way tho I cannot touch fingertips without a struggle and there is a definite intense stretch feeling I feel in my right front delt when I do it . 

Should I keep performing this as a stretch to add to my routine or is there a better stretch that would target the obvious tightness here 

i sometimes get this feeling of tightness weirdly when doing star jumps at the top of  the movement almost like a pinching and sometimes when doing elevated cat stretch with hands wide

It never bothers me any other time really except what I've mentioned and unless I was to do star jumps or the above stretches I'd never feel it . Definite seems like  tightness here 

do any of you have any advice be much apprecisted as always 

leigh 

 

IMG_4760.PNG

IMG_4761.PNG

Alessandro Mainente

The difference it is pretty normal, common and very very low. I discourage this type of stretch, but you can still use it as a test IF you do not bend the head forward. the inability to show the same range of motion on the lower arm it is due to supraspinatus tightness.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Alex appreciate it