This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Thoracic Bridge Hold

Started by Ryan Segervall, August 17, 2017 · 3 Replies · 78 Views

Ryan Segervall

- Here is a quick video after my thoracic bridge workout (sorry for the quality, dont know why it came out so bad) . I wanted to get some opinions on this position (mind the breathing, too often I hold my breath in this position so I was really trying to breath deep).

 

I am curious if this is too much lumbar and not enough thoracic. Lower back doesnt hurt in this position but would like to hear from some coaches. 

 

- also while we are here, the thoracic pushups and hip taps are wayy to hard for me. I dont have the strength to do them. Should I just substitute with multiple 60s elevated bridge holds instead? 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Looking good over all. Aside from breathing, you need to keep your head in the same place. Avoid tucking your chin to your chest and keep looking at your hands at the floor.

Alessandro Mainente

there is still a bit of lumbar work but very little, the more your belly becomes horizontal the more you are working with the thoracic spine.

about the push up you can do one of it, right?  you can reduce the range of motion so that you can do at least the desired number of rep and perform the last one rep with a very slow eccentric work when you are returning to the starting position.

for the hip tap you can try to straddle your legs, it is a bit easier.

Ryan Segervall

@Alessandro Mainente Next week Ill play around with some pushups with a smaller range of motion and a wider stance. Next week Ill also  have access to stall bars instead of a couch :)