This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

for anyone struggling with middle split series

Started by Leigh Kettle, August 16, 2017 · 13 Replies · 439 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys - forgive me for a post that Is  a little self indulgent but I'm very happy and wanted to share this lol 

i was sifting through my early form checks and have to say am quite buzzing right now to see definite improvements in a few areas I didn't even think were improving . One such move is the pancake hold as pictured below before and after . ...

this post, if nothing else, I would like to be  a reminder to anyone out there new to stretching and mobility work who feel Like they could never make progress with this kind of stuff 

I was you a few months ago. These pics are only 3 months apart to where I am today  . I'm literally that guy who coach talks about made out of stone, beaten up and in need of serious work so if I can make changes in my deficits you sure can 

I didn't feel there was any improvement as I would do my series week by week, but by being consistent with it and putting in the work each week I'm already seeing differences .  . Ok I'm still up on blocks to help my Apt remain, but it's progress for me nonetheless. And I assure you I didn't feel it possible a few months back and was very disheartened by it. 

Don't be disheartened , do what I do and record yourself often so you can see not only your form but small changes for yourself that can really help re motivate you , stay consistent week by week, put in good quality work and you WILL see results 

regards and good luck 

leigh 

 

IMG_4735.PNG

IMG_4737.PNG

Jeffrey Bittner

Congratulations on the improvement, Leigh! Your flexibility has definitely come a long way. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Josh Earl

Wow, @Leigh Kettle that is some seriously impressive progress! Keep at it. 

Jennifer Marie

Awesome improvement! Keep it up!

 

Devon O'Neal

Great progress! You inspired me to record myself more to compare progress over time. Can't wait to see more.

Leigh Kettle
On 17/08/2017 at 4:33 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Congratulations on the improvement, Leigh! Your flexibility has definitely come a long way. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Thanks jeffrey all thanks to such a brilliant system/programme 

Leigh Kettle
On 17/08/2017 at 0:08 PM, Josh Earl said:

Wow, @Leigh Kettle that is some seriously impressive progress! Keep at it. 

Thanks josh appreciate you saying so you keep it up too mate 

Leigh Kettle
22 hours ago, Jennifer Marie said:

Awesome improvement! Keep it up!

 

Thanks Jennifer :)

Leigh Kettle
1 hour ago, Devon O'Neal said:

Great progress! You inspired me to record myself more to compare progress over time. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks Devon . Good luck in your progress 

Suzanna McGee

Excellent! Your consistency and work ethics really show. Congratulations!!!! 

Chan Angus
On 8/17/2017 at 6:21 AM, Leigh Kettle said:

Hey guys - forgive me for a post that Is  a little self indulgent but I'm very happy and wanted to share this lol 

i was sifting through my early form checks and have to say am quite buzzing right now to see definite improvements in a few areas I didn't even think were improving . One such move is the pancake hold as pictured below before and after . ...

this post, if nothing else, I would like to be  a reminder to anyone out there new to stretching and mobility work who feel Like they could never make progress with this kind of stuff 

I was you a few months ago. These pics are only 3 months apart to where I am today  . I'm literally that guy who coach talks about made out of stone, beaten up and in need of serious work so if I can make changes in my deficits you sure can 

I didn't feel there was any improvement as I would do my series week by week, but by being consistent with it and putting in the work each week I'm already seeing differences .  . Ok I'm still up on blocks to help my Apt remain, but it's progress for me nonetheless. And I assure you I didn't feel it possible a few months back and was very disheartened by it. 

Don't be disheartened , do what I do and record yourself often so you can see not only your form but small changes for yourself that can really help re motivate you , stay consistent week by week, put in good quality work and you WILL see results 

regards and good luck 

leigh 

 

IMG_4735.PNG

IMG_4737.PNG

Thanks for your sharing. I am just new to this and feel very struggle. Great to see your progress which encouraged me a lot.

Mikey Cunanan
11 minutes ago, Chan Angus said:

Thanks for your sharing. I am just new to this and feel very struggle. Great to see your progress which encouraged me a lot.

Welcome Chan! I think I'll speak on behalf of everyone that we all struggled with the stretch series at first. 

Leigh has definitely come a long way in his training and his efforts have definitely been rewarded.

Please feel free to share your progress with the courses. I'm sure you'll inspire the next generation of students to come.

 

Chan Angus
13 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

Welcome Chan! I think I'll speak on behalf of everyone that we all struggled with the stretch series at first. 

Leigh has definitely come a long way in his training and his efforts have definitely been rewarded.

Please feel free to share your progress with the courses. I'm sure you'll inspire the next generation of students to come.

 

Sure.

Leigh Kettle

chan seriously don't give up there was never anyone stiffer than me at the start I assure you . Many times during sessions I would curse at how bad I was . Anyway earlier I thought I'd test my middle split out while cold (ie really seeing how much progress I've made ) below is the result which I'm very pleased about 

Week by week the series is subtle but definite - 

good luck my friend and keep us informed of your progress 

 

IMG_5405.JPG