This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Drills for hip/pelvis alignment? Please help

Started by Stef Duncan, August 16, 2017 · 1 Replies · 100 Views

Stef Duncan

Hi guys,

               I've noticed my struggle with scapular activation is due to poor hip alignment. 

i used to squat and deadlift extremely heavy weights, regularly, for years, and this has left me with an anteriorly tilted pelvis.

when I posteriorly tilt my pelvis it's like magic, instant scapular activation.

however when I do a hollow body hold for example I've noticed I never get the same strength of contraction in my core on my right side and I feel my lower spinal errector on my right side does not sit as flush against the ground during the hold. Scapular contraction on my right side is difficult.

can anyone reccomend drills and exercises for hip alignment?

 

thanks

Everett Carroll

Hey Stef,

This may be as simple as starting the pelvic tilt drills from Handstand One. They begin at PE9>iM in that course and may help you achieve more symmetry. I'd also consult with a physio about it just to get a physical on on the issue.