Random post here. Wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue. When stretching to the side in a seated position, my bottom rib touches my hip bone, sometimes painfully. Oddly, I became aware of this when bouldering. When I came off the wall and landed, I'd let my legs fold beneath me and sit or roll. The last time that I did this, my rib bumped up against my hip bone and now it is sore. WTF?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Ribs touch hip bone
Started by Christopher Denzer, August 16, 2017 · 4 Replies · 119 Views
When bending to the side you need to twist the lower shoulder so that the lower shoulder it is virtually inside the corresponding knee. what you are experimenting it is pretty normal.
Send in a video review, Christopher. It may be that you are crunching to much inside of lengthening out the side body.
QuoteOn 8/24/2017 at 3:35 PM, Tanya Hill said:Send in a video review, Christopher. It may be that you are crunching to much inside of lengthening out the side body.
Tanya, can you elaborate a bit more on those? I am experiencing the same issue.
Visuals are extremely helpful for us here, but I think Tanya is on to it. It sounds like rather than keeping your torso long and stretching out as if trying to reach your head to your toes, you are bringing your body straight down. Imagine, instead, that you are trying to stretch out and lay your torso flat across your leg during the stretch.