This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress week to week question?

Started by Aaron Bauman, August 16, 2017 · 4 Replies · 157 Views

Aaron Bauman

Hi folks, brand new to the program (and happy to be here). It's my second week, and I work out 3x weekly, Mon/Wed/Fri, Foundation 1 workouts followed by stretch series. Anyway, last week was obviously my very first set of workouts. I marked each as 'fine' on the smiley, and noticed that this week I have exactly the same set/rep scheme and the exact same exercises. Is this intended, or did I do something wrong? Will it progress only once it's marked as easy?

I don't want to get off track immediately in my second week, just want to check that it's working as intended, or if I somehow have a setting off.... To be clear, last week it was FL/PE1 for 3 x 12s, and it's exactly the same this week, followed by the other two exercises, exactly the same this week as last.

Thank you,

Aaron

 

EDIT: well, I found the answer in one of Coach Sommer's posts. Just hadn't had time to dig into the forums yet. And, doing a repeat certainly won't hurt!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the GymnasticBodies community! We are happy to help in any way that we can if you run into any other questions throughout your training. I'm looking forward to seeing more Forum posts as well as Form Checks in the future!

Rachel Meyer

While we're here, can someone explain to me the FL and PE> etc etc? I'm brand new too haha.

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Rachel Meyer said:

While we're here, can someone explain to me the FL and PE> etc etc? I'm brand new too haha.

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the GB forum!

Each element is represented by their abbreviation.  So, wherever you look - either F4 (foundation 1 to 4) or H1 (Handstand 1), you'll see these.  

Taking FL for example, this one is the element Front lever.  PEs (let the coaches correct me if I'm wrong) are the preparatory levels to more advanced skills.  Then, iM means the mobility according to each progression.  So, FL PE1 is for the strength element and FL PE1>iM is for the mobility.

I hope I answered your question :)