This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake shoulder stretch felt on side and back

Started by Devon O'Neal, August 15, 2017 · 2 Replies · 80 Views

Devon O'Neal

When performing the pancake shoulder I feel the stretch on my side more than the adductors. I wanted to know if this was due lack of flexibility in the back or am I performing the stretch incorrectly? Here is the video. Every time I watch a video of myself I am surprised of how much different it looks compared to how it feels. It feels like the back of the knee is almost touching the floor, but the gap between the knee and floor is much larger than it feels. Thank you for your feedback!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Devon it is completely normal, in fact, if this exercise it is performed correctly it probably the only one variation which gives an enormous release of lower back muscles like quadratus lomborum that usually affects the lower back pain.

Devon O'Neal

Thanks, Alessandro. I really appreciate the feedback!