Half lay frontlever form

Started by Johan Hägg, August 14, 2017 · 7 Replies · 1,602 Views

Johan Hägg

Good evening splendid forum. I am wondering if my half lay looks decent. I've been working on frontlevers for a long time, part of it may be cause I'm rather tall; 185 cm (6' 1") 

ive seen many guys hold crappy form frontlevers without being able to hold a stable half lay and I'm not going there. Form for me is everything.

recorded this hold for some time ago, could hold it for 7-8 secs then, now I'm up to 10 secs on a good day. What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Johan, I would add that in between the few people trying the half layout variation of a couple can hold it with correct form. I ask you to take your shirt off and I will give you a decent review.

Johan Hägg

My shirt off? I guess it's either because to see my defined abs or if my hips are sagging? :)

Johan Hägg

Ok did a quickie before bringing kids to daycare:)

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The form seems to be of from the video, do you feel glutes activation or not?

Johan Hägg

I don't know to be honest, will think about it next time. Why is form off? Would be good to know. Thanks for review :)

Suzanna McGee

I really don't even know how to do this at all, but I like to watch and learn, and when I see some others do it, they have a nice PPT—flat lower back… and yours seem a little bit arched…  however, wait for the coaches what they advise…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXz52RGDDIF/

 

Johan Hägg

I think you are right, I've been focusing on not to pike hips so I might have missed that. I'll give it a try next time I pass a bar!