I was stuck on RC PE2 step 4 for a while so I went back to PE1 and made sure my form was good. After completing PE1 again I didn't actually start PE2 but more like a PE 1.5. In other words the position I am starting with is half way in between PE1 and PE2. I thought this would be a good way to scale the exercise. Any thoughts?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
RC PE 1.5?
Started by Affan Osman, August 14, 2017 · 5 Replies · 114 Views
I think that's a great idea. I assume you mean you are working at a lower angle than PE1 but not as low as PE2. A great way to refine your technique and continue to succeed while you advance.
Best,
Matt
Hey @Affan Osman That's and excellent idea! Many GB students find great success going that route.
For most people pe2 can take a long time to master. It all comes down to patience and consistency. This is a crucial step to build elbow strength for later progressions.
So, work diligently and be patient with your training.
The results will occur in time.
I hope that helps
It makes sense. The angle of the incline makes it easier/harder, so if going full to the ground is too much, finding a middle ground can be a good transition. I'm not just saying that because I just did the same thing! Okay, I am, but I can feel the difference in my back muscles in this new angle, so I think you and I are on the right track.
Might I also recommend paying attention to which muscles are firing in this new angle (and from the ground). I find that if I'm not specifically focused on activating my lats, I accidentally cheat with my biceps when the incline is higher. However, the closer to the ground I get, the quicker biceps hit muscles failure and tell me I wasn't using my back enough.
Are your back muscles firing, regardless of incline?
Hi @Jennifer Marie Yes your back will fire regardless of incline. As long you are focusing on squeezing your shoulder blades towards each other you will be more than fine.
Some people will initially feel it more in the biceps because the connection to the elbow is the weakest. In time your elbow flexor strength will be brought up to par with the stronger back muscles.
This progression is very challenging but it's well with taking your time. Especially when you approach the more demanding pull-up variations.
Thanks guys. Good to know I am on the right path!
@Jennifer Marie I do try to activate my back by retracting my shoulders as much as I can and holding that position for a split second.