This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/pe2>im

Started by Jesus Molina, August 13, 2017 · 7 Replies · 128 Views

Jesus Molina

I would appreciate a second opinion on my overall form. 

https://youtu.be/qLW1nD4OYJ8

  • Am I leaning forward too much?
  • Should I aim for higher? If so, then how much?
  • Is the current width ideal?

 

I'm not testing for mastery, but rather my current level with this exercise, so that I may improve before eventually testing out.  Also, this is the first form check I've ever posted, so if the link doesn't work please bear with me. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Jesus, you have the range of motion BUT still persists an asymmetric movement from left to right. increase the width as necessary in order to fix it.

Jesus Molina

Ok, I'll work on it. Thank you, Alessandro.

Jesus Molina

So I widened my grip, since my last post and have managed to keep the bar more level throughout the exercise as opposed to my initial form check. However, I noticed that my left shoulder is slightly higher than my left. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix that?

https://youtu.be/0vwuHN6GDIM

Everett Carroll

Hey Jesus,

Great question. This is completely normal and the best way to fix it is simple: practice these in front of a mirror. Use a slightly wider grip than is shown in this video and use the mirror to help your left shoulder maintain the same degree of depression as your right. Trust me, fixing this asymmetry early on is going to be amazing for you in the long run. 

Jesus Molina

Ok sounds good, Everett. I'll give it a shot and post in another month or two. Thank you.

Jesus Molina

https://youtu.be/Y60QmHH-CYg

It's been a while since my last form check, I don't feel as though I have made much progress, other than being able to depress my shoulders somewhat more evenly. Either way, I'll still work on it, just let me know what y'all think.

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work, consistency pays off....always