This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supplementary work for planche lean and PPP - Is It worth It?

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, August 13, 2017 · 3 Replies · 88 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello Guys!

Just a question: I've just mastered planche lean  and Pseudo planche push ups with the minimal amount of lean required, and I've been keeping a single set of both sPL/PE5 and HBP/PE3 in my warm up routine. However would you suggest to continue working on these progressions, I mean Just after main foundation workout, while aiming to increase even more Little by Little the amount of lean? I wonder If It Be a good idea, or instead It could Be too stressful...

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thank you very much!

Alessandro

 

Everett Carroll

Most definitely keep working on them, Alessandro. A single set of each before every upper body workout will be plenty. 15 PPPs and a 30s planche lean should be plenty to maintain strength and continue working on depth of lean. 

Kate Abernethy

Hi @Alessandro Di Sanzo,  I do dynamic leans and PPP every sPL workout in order to keep pushing the lean as far as I can go and to build strength for the SE IMs. Both can be progressively improved over time if kept as staples of the warm up. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
13 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Most definitely keep working on them, Alessandro. A single set of each before every upper body workout will be plenty. 15 PPPs and a 30s planche lean should be plenty to maintain strength and continue working on depth of lean. 

 

11 hours ago, Kate Abernethy said:

Hi @Alessandro Di Sanzo,  I do dynamic leans and PPP every sPL workout in order to keep pushing the lean as far as I can go and to build strength for the SE IMs. Both can be progressively improved over time if kept as staples of the warm up. 

I guessed so! Thanks for your tips! I'll do as you suggest!