This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching everyday

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, August 13, 2017 · 5 Replies · 283 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

I don't know if this question was ever asked, sorry if it was, but is stretching everyday a good thing?

I do 3-4 hardest stretch everyday for 90-120s each following self-massage and even add PNF in some training.  It does count the stretch series days where I do 2 stretch sessions (series + limbering).

Is it good or is it too much and do I need more rest for recovery?

Everett Carroll

Hey Etienne,

Once stretch series per week and no more is what recommend. 

As for limbering, keep the holds much shorter. I don't hold anything position for longer than 45s during a limber.

Light limbering every day is perfectly fine. Deep stretching every day is too much stress on top of all the other training you are doing. 

Étienne Lajeunesse
7 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Etienne,

Once stretch series per week and no more is what recommend. 

As for limbering, keep the holds much shorter. I don't hold anything position for longer than 45s during a limber.

Light limbering every day is perfectly fine. Deep stretching every day is too much stress on top of all the other training you are doing. 

Hi Everett!

So, even in cooldowns, taking the limbering lightly is recommended?  I'm used to apply PNF, do you think it still to hard on the body?

I have one more question, how would you manage a 2 times a day training if it's possible (with stretching, handstands, f4, tumbling...)?

 

Everett Carroll
21 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

So, even in cooldowns, taking the limbering lightly is recommended?

Absolutely. Take it lighter than you're used to with the PNF approach. 

21 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

I have one more question, how would you manage a 2 times a day training if it's possible (with stretching, handstands, f4, tumbling...)?

 

This depends on the workouts you are performing that day. In general, limber and mobilize first, then perform your specific strength warm-up and Foundation training. Follow that up with skills. Stretch last. Keep that order, even if it's over multiple sessions on the same day. If needed, limber again before the second session. 

Étienne Lajeunesse
33 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

 In general, limber and mobilize first, then perform your specific strength warm-up and Foundation training. Follow that up with skills.

What skills do you refer to?  Is it more like tumbling?  It can't be done before strength training?

Everett Carroll

Tumbling and Handstand Training :D