This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supine band pull form check

Started by Leigh Kettle, August 12, 2017 · 13 Replies · 207 Views

Leigh Kettle

https://youtu.be/6CTblUBEAsE

 

here is my supine band pull

Please may you give me tips or critique 

many thanks 

Luke Searra

Leigh, try to round yourself vertebrae by vertebrae, on the way down as well as on the way up - without closing your shoulders (this will fry your traps). Does that make sense?

Leigh Kettle

Hey Luke thanks for reply 

yes It makes sense thank you but this IS me trying to curl down and up ha ha .articulation Isnt coming easy for me :-/  definitely something for me to work on . Will keep battling on 

thanks again 

Affan Osman

To feel more in the traps doesn't the tension of the strap need to be stronger?

Peter DeLuca

@Leigh Kettle

Which bands are you using for this exercise?

I need to get a set for this exercise.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Peter

Leigh Kettle

Hey Peter @Peter DeLuca

i ordered the bungee straps off amazon 

Here is the link for you 

https://www.amazon.com/SPRI-Xertube-Braided-Resistance-Exercise/dp/B00A7PQT30

I have 1 x  blue and 1 x red thinking that the lighter one(red)  would stretch enough to use for  For supine band pulls. However it doesn't . So that said   I  recommend 2 x red one for this exercise , im  having to use blue in one hand and red In the other for this as I was unaware that red wouldn't stretch enough -not ideal as I say so best to get 2 of the lighter one to begin with 

A single Red or blue is good for me for prone band pulls however 

hope this helps 

leigh 

Leigh Kettle
On 15/08/2017 at 2:11 AM, Affan Osman said:

To feel more in the traps doesn't the tension of the strap need to be stronger?

Interesting you say this affan as even with light bands I have a hard time keeping shoulders pinned by ears . Any more tension and I'd never complete a decent rep it seems lol 

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys 

7months on from the video above and I’m struggling to see any progress here 

wonder if you guys can notice any improvement/worsening and any advice to help me with this 

the articulation especially On the way up is something I’m really struggling with admittedly I haven’t been doing this one every week due to a small injury a bit back but nonetheless it’s not looking much better  

many thanks guys 

Leigh 

 

Fiona Silk

To me it looks like your lower back isn't rounding enough. Like every vertebrae needs to come up one at a time. 

Hmm, I just read above that someone has already said that. Maybe imagine that you're bending over very slowly, and forget about your arms and shoulders and just think about rolling your head down towards your feet.

I'm sure someone wayyyy more qualified than me will have a suggestion though!

Leigh Kettle

Hey fi -  Yeah I understand this is the issue lol....it’s how to make it better I guess I was asking ha ha as I don’t see much improvement - and that’s with doing Jefferson curls every core session too :facepalm:

Pauline Taube

Hi Leigh,

I am definitely seing some improvements from your previous form check. You are doing a better job with the articulation here. Keep working on it! On the way down, try focusing on sucking your belly into your spine as you curl down :) 

Leigh Kettle

Thanks pauline appreciate that 

believe me I’m trying to do that with my belly lolololol . This exercise is insanely hard for me 

after a couple of reps in fried

will keep working hard 

 

Pauline Taube

I agree with you, it is extremely hard. I also struggle with these. You can always improve your form :) 

Looking forward to see your continuous Bridge progress :D