This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Muscle Strain from PE9

Started by Christopher Haddock, August 12, 2017 · 3 Replies · 83 Views

Christopher Haddock

I experienced a mild muscle strain in my left deltoid while doing PE 9 - the Stall Bar Reverse Leg Lift.  While my shoulder mobility isn't spectacular, I have been doing the bridge stretch series for a year and it has improved substantially in that time.  My hypothesis is that I attempted to touch the floor with my toes at the end of the movement, which provided too much stretch on my shoulder. I re-watched the demo video and that person didn't come near the floor at the end of the movement. I'm going to rest my shoulder until it feels back to normal and then try again.  Any suggestions/tips/advice on prevention of a second injury would be appreciated.  I really like PE9 and can't wait to get back to it.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christopher Haddock

Yes better rest your shoulder first. Please send a video for form check.

Alessandro Mainente

Touching the floor and shoulder pain means excessive shoulder extension while the primarily goal should be the Body compression. If it is too less the tendency it is to compensate with the shoulder a.

Christopher Haddock

Yes I think that is it.  I'm looking forward to testing it after my shoulder heals.  My prediction is that focusing on Body Compression and not touching the floor will lessen the likelihood of re-occurrence

.