Help with requirements?

Started by Ewalk91, March 11, 2010 · 8 Replies · 2,043 Views

Ewalk91

Well gymnastics season has started (high school) and i'm a pommel horse specialist wondering if anyone knows the requirements for a routine?

currently my routine goes like this : (starting at the right side of the horse, and i swing clockwise) Circle, stockly, right leg cut, left leg cut into scissor, scissor full, reverse scissor, circle, circle, circle travel, circle loop off.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

phken4343

I do high school gymnastics in Illinois also! I'm planning to do all-around, but since I suck at horse, I'm currently trying to do multiple circles on the horse. What school are you from? Also, what year? I started sophmore year and I'm a junior right now.

Ewalk91
phken4343 said:
I do high school gymnastics in Illinois also! I'm planning to do all-around, but since I suck at horse, I'm currently trying to do multiple circles on the horse. What school are you from? Also, what year? I started sophmore year and I'm a junior right now.

I go to Leyden high school and I'm a senior that started my sophomore year also. What school are you from? and I started swinging good horse my junior year too, thats when i was actually hitting circles.

Ewalk91
Blairbob said:
http://www.ihsa.org/activity/gyb/2009-10/nfhs%20rules%20clarification.pdf
PH:

1. Two front or back Scissors in immediate connection

2. Two consecutive double leg circles any part of the horse

3. Double leg skill of at least B value

Looks good, as stockli is a B.

Thanks, now I need to find a place where they show the skill value. Because then I have all my requirements? accept the double leg skill of a B I guess.

But how do you know if your routine is worth a 10.0? I know it's requirements + execution (execution meaning your form right?) But there has to be more than 3 requirements right?

phken4343

I'm a junior from Elk Grove high school.

About the skill requirements, don't you need a certain number of C, B, and A moves? Also, I think you need 10 moves in your routine.

Blairbob

More than likely they are using FIG skill values. Go to the FIG website and download the CodeOfPoints for Men's Artistic.

Ewalk91

well i was hoping to change up my routine, i guess still starting from the right side of the horse

circle, circle, circle travel (to middle) circle, circle, into scissor, scissor full, reverse scissor, circle, circle, stockli to left side of the horse, circle, russian dismount.

would the stockli be considered a stockli full or something else like a 1/2 kiehr? because my old stockli would just get me into my left leg behind the horse and right leg in front. But im planning on using it to travel down the horse.

phken4343

Hmm...unless the Stockli is a C, you don't have enough B moves for the pommel horse requirements. Also, I heard from my coach that the judges only count the first 2 scissors, and the 3rd won't count and if you do more scissors, it's a deduction.