This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE5 Questions

Started by Nicklas Johansson, August 12, 2017 · 2 Replies · 78 Views

Nicklas Johansson

Hi, 

I've understood that heels are supposed to be on the same height as the hips when performing SLPE5. Why is that so, are there different muscles working? I've tried both versions and can't really feel a difference when doing the exercise.  In the technique video I noticed that they don't have the hips at the same height as the heels which is pretty confusing. 

As many people have said before in the forum, it might be quite tricky to find good solutions to do this at regular gym, they usually have this prop where the heels are locked in just above the ground and THE hips are about 50 cm higher up. I've also tried with strong elastic bands, and it was pretty difficult since you don't get the stability as you get with a nylon band.

/Nicklas 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Nicklas Johansson,

If the heels are at same level as the hips, there will be greater range of motion and it will be a lot harder as you are not able to use your legs to push as much. Do not be confused with the technique tip and scaling because it is there to be able to assist you. For the mean time use what is available. I started doing it with the back extension equipment at our globo gym and when I switched to our kitchen counter, I had harder time. If you have doubts please send video for form check/video review.

Nicklas Johansson

Okej, thanks for your feed-back!