This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Headstand/PE2

Started by Maurice Peerani, August 11, 2017 · 3 Replies · 151 Views

Maurice Peerani

I was on a hiatus from my GST for a few months & finally got back in the saddle this past week.  I started with PE1 & did fine with the Rx'd workout & this morning jumped in with PE2.  

Admittingly, I may have started too high, but I ended up going with the 4x24s reps.  However, during my workout, my posterior neck was screaming & it did so, as well, month prior when I was doing this.

It didn't bother me as much with the 24s rep, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask:

Should I just go with a smaller time/rep load until my neck adapts or am I doing something incorrect, i.e. putting too much weight on my neck & not my wrists or am I missing something?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Maurice,

Give your body a chance to adjust by starting slow. I recommend resting for another few days then starting from Step 1. Doing too much too fast will lead to injury. I also recommend sending in a video to either Video Review or to the Form Checks forum. Providing us with a visual will help us to give your better feedback on how to adjust your training.

Maurice Peerani

Thanks.  I did for the 1st go around with this. As soon as I increased the time, my neck would ache & cringe thereafter.

I'm assuming I should just stick with the minimal time with no pain & ensure there's none that ensues before progressing, yes?

I'll see if I can get a video to upload.

Alessandro Mainente

exactly!!