This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand attempt

Started by Jin Liu, August 11, 2017 · 6 Replies · 211 Views

Jin Liu

I give attempts to handstand like a few times a year, lol! And below is my first attempt ever since I started the GB handstand series last summer. I'm super not confident in my HS, and I'm progressing very slowly in the HS series. Looking at the video, of course I'm not confident at balancing myself yet, or kicking up properly, etc. However, I think the alignment is actually not half bad! And that's just after going through a few preparatory progressions in the HS series. This is a huge motivation booster! :D

 

Alessandro Mainente

shoulders are opened, not bad!!

what about your progress on HS1?

Jin Liu
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

shoulders are opened, not bad!!

what about your progress on HS1?

Thank you!! I'm at PE5. Just started not very long ago, and there's still a lot to work on. I think all of the PE's so far had taught me well about body alignment :)

Alessandro Mainente

you should move Quickly, your shoulder girdle mobility it is good!

Jin Liu

So I finally decided to tune down my weak mind, and believe that I won't die from kicking up into a HS by myself. Well, out of all the attempts I tried on my own, I'm still afraid of straightening the hips, and underkick most of the time. As soon as my hubby arrives, I got more confidence in kicking up straight. But I still need him there to balance me. At the end of the day, I might have 1 with ok form, and I'm happy with it. I also want to train myself to crash on my feet instead of elbows when I overkick. That will help with the confidence to kick more.

I'm still following the HS1 step by step. But I do want to kill the fear as early as I can. If you have any tips on overcoming fear and kicking up to a HS, or tips on bail properly, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

@Alessandro Mainente @Leo Trinidad

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

hy Jin, nothing beats a spotter here!!

Jin Liu
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

hy Jin, nothing beats a spotter here!!

Only problem is spotter not always available :P