I started the frog stand and tuck front lever at the beginning of February of this year, the frog was easy and I made quick work of it in two weeks.
2 months later and I'm STILL not able to do the TUCK PLANCHE for 60 seconds...the best I did was a week ago for 40 seconds and then 30 seconds. But mostly I am doing the hold for 30 seconds, 20 seconds then 15 seconds for a set. My form is still poor, my hips are below my shoulders and it's still hard to hold my knees to my chest.
My triceps are pathetic though...I can only do a narrow grop bench @160lbs...I weigh 170...is that why my triceps seem to fail first?
Any help? Does this progression truly take a long time to master before even going to the advanced tuck planche? Any other supplementary exercises to help? I usually do this 3x per week....5x per week burnt me out.
Similiar to the tuck planche, on the TUCK FRONT LEVER, I took a picture today and 2.5 months later I still have a terrible 45degree angle between my torso and horizontal...every set I try to lift my hips up till my shoulders are burning...but I was shocked on how little I progressed this past month. With a pitiful 45deg angle, I can only hold it for 30-40seconds max per rep.
I AM stronger, there is no doubt about that but these are very difficult. I have eliminated over half of the 'conventional' lifts out of my routine to favor these as I like the philosophy. I can climb childrens playground bars and pull myself up like I couldn't believe yesterday..no leg help...straight up. My kids couldn't believe that I could lift myself to where they thought they were safe.
What has your experience been with progressing through these? I need some help, 2 months and little progress is tough to swallow.
Many thanks to all replies. It will be appreciated.