This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall Bars and 1/2 tuck hanging leg lift

Started by Caleb Mcmahan, August 9, 2017 · 3 Replies · 126 Views

Caleb Mcmahan

Stall bars and 1/2 tuck hanging leg lift... Do I have to use stall bars for this progression or may I just hang from a bar?

Pauline Taube

Stall bars would definitely be the best alternative. If you don't have access to this, you may use a bar but make sure to hang completely relaxed and avoiding pulling with your lats as you lift your legs. 

Feel free to submit a form check to ensure form :)

Caleb Mcmahan

ahhh... thank you.  lats do no work then.  

Nicholas Cooper

Hi Caleb, 

I have seen online that few people recommend holding something under your chin when doing this just hanging from the bar.  Its stops you from using your lats. I know it sounds weird but it actually works.