Hi!
How is the first impression??
In this exercise , is contracting the glutes hard a main focus? I feel that when I contract the glutes hard my feet elevate a little bit...
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nuno Duarte, August 8, 2017 · 12 Replies · 175 Views
Hi!
How is the first impression??
In this exercise , is contracting the glutes hard a main focus? I feel that when I contract the glutes hard my feet elevate a little bit...
Feet only couple of cm from the floor, for the rest, I like it!
@Alessandro Mainente cool!
what about the glutes? if i keep the feet just of the floor and contract the glutes the feet will elevate...
It seems very strange since the glutes promote hips extension and not hips flexion.
@Alessandro Mainente so in this element are the glutes supposed to be contracted or that´s not a focus in this element?
when i say that the feet elevate this is not a direct result of the contraction of the feet. it is that the contact of the glutes with the ground make my feet elevate. sometimes my english is not the best...![]()
Hey Nuno,
Get the feet in the correct position and do what you can to engage the glutes while keeping the feet/legs fixed. Does that make sense?
@Everett Carroll I think that makes sense. I think that I can engage the glutes just not as much as in other elements like a pushup or full hollow body hold... I don't know if others feel that way . maybe I am over think it![]()
@Nuno Duarte, maybe what happens is that when you contract the glutes, they "perk up" (get rounder and firmer) and kind of lift your hips a little off the ground… Do what the coaches suggest and don't worry about this effect. It's good to have round firm glutes ![]()
@Suzanna McGee thanks!! That's it! I don't know if it's good or bad but they get in the way!
thank you for taking the time and help![]()
I am going to work on what the coaches said!!
Hi!
Is this good?
Nice job, Nuno. It looks solid!
Hi!
After watching the course video tip in this element i noticed that the advice is to maintain the feet at the same height as the shoulders ( a little diffrent from the advice from the coaches in this thread)
i tried today this element focusing on maintaining the feet at the same height as the shoulder.
i don´t want to go against any of the coaches great advice and help, i am just wandering what do you all think that are the pros and cons of each variation.![]()
in this second variation i am able to contract more the glutes, so i wonder what variation should i keep doing...
thanks to all for your help!
The point is how much you need to flex the spine in order to left the floor without arching the lower back.
If you need to flex the spine only a bit (generally due to stronger abs) you do not need to left the floor with the shoulders too much, as a consequence the feet will not be too far from the floor.
do not worry too much about the feet height especially if we are talking about 3 cm or 4 cm. be careful if the distance begins to be 20 cm or more. if that happens to mean that the spine it is excessively flexed. and this is not necessary.