This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Kettle bells and GB - do they need to be separated?

Started by Ingrit Vaher, August 8, 2017 · 3 Replies · 140 Views

Ingrit Vaher

Sometimes I would like to do some work with Pilates-roll and  training with kettle bells, as addition to my regular GB-training.

In which order these three components should follow each other?

Is it good idea to do it in the following order:

1. Pilates roll

2. Kettle bells

3. GB-training

4. Pilates roll

Or do I need to separate the kettle bell training and GB-stretches from each other timewise? I am asking it because I have heard, that stretching the muscles (lengthen the muscles) and bumping them up with training should be separated from each other timewise because they are working toward different directions.

Could anyone help me out with this question, please? 

Thank You. :-)

Everett Carroll

Hey Ingrit,

As a general rule, it's best to work on deep stretching/flexibility after your strength. Beyond that, play around with your structure and find what works best for you. 

Alessandro Mainente

Depending on your exercises with KB especially swing you need to consider addition lats, glutes and hamstring stretch.

Ingrit Vaher

Thank you both for the helpful answers.