This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Exercise rotation

Started by Christopher Hancox, August 4, 2017 · 4 Replies · 91 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi y'all,

Is there any reason I have to follow the prescribed order of exercises on each day. Could I change the order each week so it's not always the same. (I.e core week one FL, SL, MN / week two MN, FL, SL / week three SL, MN, FL)

I always feel that the last exercise suffers on core and upper day because I'm more tired.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi CHristopher, the order here it is scheduled in function of the future variation and tends to be optimal. For the foundations 1 you should keep the suggested program, from F2 some modifications can be done.

Joshua Daudelin

Alessandro,

I recall you mentioning in another post that after rest day, when you have maximized recovery, that you will focus on weaknesses first in your programming. Would this be applicable early in the foundation series or, in order to prepare for future variation, should order be kept the same (understanding that this could change in F2). Also, considering that PE's may be at advanced steps compared to others (I am currently at step 8 for FL PE1, step 2 for SL PE3, step 9 for MN PE1) does it make sense to move the less strenuous step 2 exercise to the end of the core workout in order to give more available strength to the longer sets of the other exercises? Just curious as the topic seemed relevant to these questions I've considered.

Christopher Hancox

Thanks Alessandro. I will carry on and will keep the program as it is. 

Everett Carroll
3 hours ago, Joshua Daudelin said:

Would this be applicable early in the foundation series or, in order to prepare for future variation, should order be kept the same (understanding that this could change in F2). Also, considering that PE's may be at advanced steps compared to others (I am currently at step 8 for FL PE1, step 2 for SL PE3, step 9 for MN PE1) does it make sense to move the less strenuous step 2 exercise to the end of the core workout in order to give more available strength to the longer sets of the other exercises?

Hey Joshua,

I think that you have the right idea here. Still use the follow along videos but feel free to adjust the order to more seriously attack weaker areas.