This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Alternative(s) to wall bars

Started by Daniel Stassen, August 4, 2017 · 1 Replies · 126 Views

Daniel Stassen

Hi,

I travel a lot and therefore have no access to wall bars most days. I tried to complete the thoracic bridge stretch series in a hotel room but felt disheartened when I couldn't even attempt the elevated bridge due to the absence of wall bars. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

daniel

Pauline Taube

Hi Daniel,

Great question, I travel a lot as well and I definitely feel your struggles! There are however some substitutes you can use in order to complete your TB series: 

TB/SE10-11: Band Work

You can attach the bands: 

-To decks railing.

-Around a post or tree. 

-Under a dryer/washer/pool table leg.

-Around a vehicle’s tire. 

TBS/SE12: Elevated Cat

-Table, deck railing, stool, stairs, ballet bar. 

TBS/SE15: Inverted Cat

To replace exercise ball: Edge of a couch or bed

To replace stahl bars: Parter spot, deck railing, weight hands (5-10lbs)

TBS/SE17, 19, 21: Elevated Bridge Variations 

-Table, chair, deck railing, stairs, couch, countertop, mantle, etc.

TBS/SE23: Bridge Wall Walks

-Wall, tree, post, or fence. 

Please keep us updated on your mobility progress :) and let us know if you have any further questions!