This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can I take my time?

Started by Mark Price 87422, August 2, 2017 · 4 Replies · 113 Views

Mark Price 87422

Hi, I've just started the fundamentals course and as a 50 year young athlete I've realised how poor my mobility is and that this is going to be slow progress! I'm in absolutely no rush but I need to know if I can take time over each of the "blocks" in the daily tasks/skill/movement? I'm only on the very first block "crab and ape" and concerned that if I move forward I won't be able to go over old ground! Hope this makes sense? .... going to really enjoy this journey.

           Mark.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Mark, welcome to GB. Absolutely yes, you can consider staying more on one day before moving on. and if you are especially tight on one region I can suggest you what stretch course can be very beneficial for your case!

Mark Price 87422
19 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mark, welcome to GB. Absolutely yes, you can consider staying more on one day before moving on. and if you are especially tight on one region I can suggest you what stretch course can be very beneficial for your case!

Hey Alessandro, that's fantastic news! Yeah...I'm tight in thoracic,shoulder cuff/extension  and super tight in the wrists!! Everything south of there is all good though lol. Doing a lot of Kelly starrett mobility wods but as always I'm open to any ideas thanks.

Benjamin Nutt
On 8/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, Mark Price 87422 said:

Hey Alessandro, that's fantastic news! Yeah...I'm tight in thoracic,shoulder cuff/extension  and super tight in the wrists!! Everything south of there is all good though lol. Doing a lot of Kelly starrett mobility wods but as always I'm open to any ideas thanks.

Sounds like you need the GB Thoracic Bridge Stretch course, and maybe Handstand 1, the mobility for which is based around the shoulder.

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely,  thoracic bridge course.