This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
WP/FKP/WR/FTP(PE1-2) Form Checks
Started by Ron Roitman, July 31, 2017 · 7 Replies · 182 Views
Hi Ron,
For both FKP variations, be sure the whole length of all of your fingers remains in contact with the wall.
For all of the PE2 variations, I suggest adjusting your long hollow position a bit:
-Your body should be at about a 45-degree angle off the wall.
-Engage your core and glutes.
-Shrug your shoulders to your ears by "pushing" into the wall.
I really appreciate the great advice Everett!
I'll have these corrected and post my new attempts . Just a few questions to be clear:
On 7/31/2017 at 10:22 PM, Everett Carroll said:Hi Ron,
For both FKP variations, be sure the whole length of all of your fingers remains in contact with the wall. -Does this mean I have to keep the little fingers also in contact with the wall (and not just the first knucles..)?
For all of the PE2 variations, I suggest adjusting your long hollow position a bit:
-Your body should be at about a 45-degree angle off the wall. - Should I get the feet further from or closer to the wall?
Thanks ![]()
My pleasure Ron!
1. Keep the whole length of each finger on the wall.
2. Feet further away. As you make that adjustment, your hands will need to go lower as well, to ensure they remain level with your shoulders.
On 8/2/2017 at 10:18 PM, Everett Carroll said:
My pleasure Ron!
1. Keep the whole length of each finger on the wall.
2. Feet further away. As you make that adjustment, your hands will need to go lower as well, to ensure they remain level with your shoulders.
@Everett Carroll I can't understand how to keep the whole length of the fingers in contact with the wall, especially the "ball" of the pinky finger..('thenar hypothenar')
This PE is supposed to focus on the FIRST Knuckle, isn't it? I now can demonstrate a 90° angle in my first knuckle on both hands. So how do I fix this? Or can I move on haha?
90° On First Knuckle Demo
FKP/PE2
Another FKP/PE2 + 1 , but also showing what I mean when I said I can't understand how to keep it in contact with the wall (At around 0:35 mark)
I adjusted the angle of the body off the wall quite a bit in the following PEs..so much that I slipped in one of the exercises.. Anything to fix now?
WP/PE2
WR/PE2
Thank you!
Hey Ron,
For your FKP, can you keep your pinky pressed into the wall if your fingers are together? It's a minor detail, and your ROM is excellent now, so if not then don't worry about it.
For your WP and WR, your long hollow is coming along nicely! Now just move back a bit more while focusing on these points:
1. Shrug your shoulders to your ears.
2. Keep strong PPT (squeeze your glutes and core).
You're doing excellent, keep it up!
21 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Ron,
For your FKP, can you keep your pinky pressed into the wall if your fingers are together? It's a minor detail, and your ROM is excellent now, so if not then don't worry about it.
For your WP and WR, your long hollow is coming along nicely! Now just move back a bit more while focusing on these points:
1. Shrug your shoulders to your ears.
2. Keep strong PPT (squeeze your glutes and core).
You're doing excellent, keep it up!
@Everett CarrollI just tried it and actually I can't haha.. If I try to keep the ball of the pinky pressed to the wall while the fingers are together, then the first knuckle would do the opposite.
May I move on to FKP/PE3 then?
I appreciate the advice man! I'll try to move further away next time (and I'll make sure to put chalk on my feet to prevent myself from falling again lol)
59 minutes ago, Ron Roitman said:May I move on to FKP/PE3 then?
Yes, you can advance ![]()
59 minutes ago, Ron Roitman said:I appreciate the advice man! I'll try to move further away next time (and I'll make sure to put chalk on my feet to prevent myself from falling again lol)
Haha, take it easy my friend. You don't need to beat yourself up over wrist prehab