One arm chin + 35 lbs!

Started by DrAlexisOlson, March 9, 2010 · 12 Replies · 3,748 Views

DrAlexisOlson

I just filmed my teammate doing this last night and thought I would share it.

UiHZtl19Ikk

In addition to doing gymnastics, Michael is a world class armwrestler (3rd at World Championships a couple years ago in the 154 lbs weight class). Given his weight, these are one arm chin ups at about 122% bodyweight.

I don't think there are any videos of anybody one arm chinning carrying more weight than this on YouTube.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Neal Winkler

Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn.

braindx

Nice!!

I should start working these again. After you have OAC they're pretty fun but definitely can be a killer on the elbows.

Alvaro

MMMmmmm not dead hang OAPup. hehe just a joke amazing!!! :D

ashita

Not really full deadhand oac but was very nice.

Prefer see one real full dead hand oac than what you showed with extraweight.

Anyway yo uare strong but i want ot share this video if you didnt see it before

YgCHPB56-_Q

Sternford

Dead hand? You mean that disturbing enemy from the Ocarina of Time?

irongymnast
Sternford said:
Dead hand? You mean that disturbing enemy from the Ocarina of Time?

HAHAHA, there was also one hand falling from the ceiling in LTTP.

Sternford
irongymnast said:
Sternford said:
Dead hand? You mean that disturbing enemy from the Ocarina of Time?

HAHAHA, there was also one hand falling from the ceiling in LTTP.

Wall masters? Those were also in Ocarina of Time too. Never played LTTP

Anyway, that video ashita posted was it's own topic already and OP's first sentence says it's not him. I'm not sure if being able to do mostly full ROM with extra weight means you can do full ROM with no extra weight but I'd imagine it's close.

DrAlexisOlson

ashita, I just discovered that guy recently too.

He one arm pulls +30 lbs from a dead hang:

6v30K0JWarg

That's actually slightly more, as far as bodyweight percent goes.

Michael is pretty competitive so this amazing Cisco guy has him pumped up to train OACs a bit more.

Sternford, doing a full ROM OAC with no extra weight is much easier than a nearly full ROM OAC with 35 extra pounds.

I have to get Michael to try a the chin + 35 from a dead hang. I think he can probably do it on a good day.

Sternford
DrAlexisOlson said:
Sternford, doing a full ROM OAC with no extra weight is much easier than a nearly full ROM OAC with 35 extra pounds.

I thought so, but Ashita's comment made me wonder why he would be more impressed by the former.

ashita
Sternford said:
Dead hand? You mean that disturbing enemy from the Ocarina of Time

ahah oups i meant dead hang of course ^^

Dont forget cisco did one arm pull ul and not chin up , oap is harder than oac ....... well for me anyway .

Sternford, doing a full ROM OAC with no extra weight is much easier than a nearly full ROM OAC with 35 extra pounds.

Hmm not sure , because he helped a lot with a little jump at the first ...

So he maybe cant do a full OAC ROM , the first part of the move is the hardest , the 10-30 °....

Anyway cisco pumped up me to train more seriously my one arm pull up.

Good luck to you

DrAlexisOlson

ashita, do try to be respectful of other people's accomplishments. There needs to be room for some constructive criticism, but do you have any idea how frustrating it can be to be called out on imperfections by armchair critics. These guys are pushing the limits of what is humanly possibly, try to cut them a little slack.

To quote Cisco (ableteam):

Also to all the people commenting on "form"... C'mon are you serious, do you realize how hard this REALLY is, I can feel a difference when I am wearing shoes let alone 2, 5, 10, and 30 pounds. This feels exponentially harder when you are ACTUALLY doing them. Think I'm talking out of my ass and you can check my videos. This guy is world-class strong, period.
ashita

I totally respect what he did, I just give my opinion.In noone case what he did is bad because i cant even do one FULL ROM OAC.

But everyone have the right to give his opinion , no ? so if he dont tolerate criticism ,dont post a video .......