Beautiful High Bar Routine by Danell Leyva

Started by Coach Sommer, March 9, 2010 · 11 Replies · 3,040 Views

Coach Sommer

The following is a spectacular high bar routine by US Sr National Team Member, Danell Leyva. Innovative, fearless and, as impressive as it is to see on video, it was even more stunning to see in person.

(If you look closely in the bottom center of the screen at the 0:03 mark, you will see me in the black jacket standing next to the large column at the top of the stairs 8).)

As some of you may remember, Danell just barely missed out on a medal (4th) at the 2009 World Championships on this event. Many people, myself included, believe that Danell may be the next big US gymnastics superstar.

IAnTf8rjq2o

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Neal Winkler

I don't know enough about the high bar to see the beauty in this yet, but I look forward to learning and then viewing this again at a later date.

kintelary

That was impressive to watch. When he switched grips while twisting through multiple times, that was incredible control. I was expecting a slip, but he kept his center. Thanks Coach. :)

Mark Weaver

That was amazing. What was the element at :30?

DrAlexisOlson

Beautiful technique!

mark, the full twisting layout Tkatchev is called a Liukin.

Neal Winkler

Could someone explain the routine?

I can recognize the beauty of the routine in a general sense but lack the knowledge to see its specialness.

Juan Beltran

It brought chills to my spine. Simply amazing. Thanks coach

DrAlexisOlson

trianglechoke7, he doesn't just do the skills, he does them with grace, finesse, and flourish. It is truly artistic gymnastics as opposed to just throwing together some hard tricks.

Keep watching and learning gymnastics and eventually you'll appreciate the subtleties

Scott Caron

Mastery.

Alvaro

Although I can t apreciate the uniqueness of the routine due to my ignorance, I see he performs "con chuleria" as we say! Amazing!

Alessandro Mainente

one word....impressive

Samuel Carr

Super good. I looked up his routines for other events like rings and floor, and he isn't nearly as good in those events. Is it typical for gymnasts to have one event in which they excel in far beyond the others?