This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Schedule

Started by Nathaniel McAdoo, July 28, 2017 · 5 Replies · 235 Views

Nathaniel McAdoo

After a little bit of sporadic training I have decided to put start from the beginning again and put into place a more definite schedule. But my question is, what to include? I have all three stretch courses, foundation, and H1, but am stressing over what to do. I am a debating a schedule something like this: 

Upper

Core

Lower+HS

Upper

Core

Lower+HS

Rest 

vs coach's recommended. The biggest problem that I have with the stretch series is that I am weak and cannot push up into a bridge (and do most of the ladder parts of the series) as well as the beginning of MS is quite difficult . I'm 17, no real aches or pains, some unstable-ish joints, with moderate mobility. My question is, which approach should I take? Try to do the mobility to the best of my ability, or try to focus on the strength elements of F1 and H1 until I get stronger and can do more of the stretch sequence. I would love some guidance and input. 

Michael Batuk

Hi 

Just to clarify training frequency will depend on ability to recover between training sessions.Ask yourself a question:"Can I do this training for a period of 1 year maybe 2 years?""can I stay consistent and not miss the training cause I'm tired and overtrained?"Make F1 your priority and work on strength and mobility with equal effort to achieve mastery on given elements.You can schedule HS1 after your cardio session 1 or 2 times a week.Stretch series should be work on once a week.These should be perform to the best of your abilities.If you are to week to perform a certain drill it's all good you will build up to that progressing through F1 and HS1 series.

Make sure you stay consistent and focus on good form.If not sure send a video so forum coaches can check your form and point you in the right direction.

Christopher Hancox

Hi Nathaniel,

My number one recommendation would be, be patient and consistent.

I reckon sticking to Coach Sommers recommended routine is the best idea, at least for the first three months. I am in my forth month of pretty consistent training, and I am now starting to feel well worked after my training. Sets and reps build up quickly if your progressing weekly with perfect form. If you feel you can add more after those three months then go for it, but for now, keep it simple and let your body adapt.

Keep at it and the gains in strength and mobility will come. 

For an added variable, I sometimes combine core and middle split routine (I.e Monday and Tuesday's) to give me an extra day at the end of the week to focus on the areas that I am lacking, or if I'm feeling particularly energetic.

Hope this helps.

 

 

Benjamin Nutt

RE: volume and training schedule:

Doing too much too soon is a surefire way to burn out.

start with Coach's recommended schedule. Stick with it for 8-12 weeks. If you are recovering well and feel like you'd benefit from additional volume, add it in, and then see how you recover.

You need to do enough that you get training stimulus, but not so much that you wear yourself out. And everyone is different in that regard -  I've found that I benefit from training each workout 1x/week (except for HS, which I practice twice per week, but that's mostly for the mobility elements).

RE: Stretch series: 

Better to start with what you can do, do your best with difficult elements, and stay consistent with it. For example, I can't do a few of the stretches in the Front Split sequence, but I do everything that I can, and am slowly working towards being able to *start* those stretches.

Long story short: don't overdo it, do what you can to the best of your ability, remain consistent,  and the gainz will come.

Nathaniel McAdoo

Thank you guys for your input! Pumped to start seeing some consistent improvement

 

Everett Carroll

Stick to Coch Sommer's recommended schedule for now, Nathaniel. It's totally fine if you can't yet complete the entire TB Stretch Series. YOUR series is as far as YOU can get right now. This will improve over time.

Great advice above in regards to thinking long term with your schedule. What schedule will allow you to recover and never miss, without excuses? 

Coach knows what he's talking about so use his schedule ;)