This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE3 + im

Started by Nuno Duarte, July 28, 2017 · 25 Replies · 572 Views

Nuno Duarte

Hi!

first try on these . how is this looking? i think my foot position isn´t the best.

 thanks!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Nuno,

It looks pretty good. Keep working on hitting a stronger protraction at the top of your reps as well as maintaining PPT at the bottom of your push up. Hitting stronger protraction will help allow you to feel more stable as you lean. Also work on touching your knees, hips and chest to the floor on each rep. You are welcome to adjust your foot position so that your PPP is more comfortable on the feet.

I am unable to view the video of your iM. Can you try re-uploading it?

Nuno Duarte

@Jeffrey Bittner here is the iM. thanks for your help. i am going to work on your points!:)

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Nuno Duarte,

Your iM looks good. Be sure to keep your core tight as you do your mobility and make sure to keep each rep as consistent as possible.

Nuno Duarte

Hi!!

Is this better?

thanks for your help!!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Great improvement, Nuno! You are doing a much better job of keeping PPT and hitting protraction at the top of your reps. Keep working on your lean. As you do your push up, try to get your hands as close to your belly button as possible.

Nuno Duarte

Hi!

How are these looking? Is the lean enough?

Thanks for your help!

Nuno 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Nuno! On some of your reps your body tends to rock backwards as you push up. Work on maintaining your lean throughout your set. You're doing a great job, keep it up!

Nuno Duarte

Hi!

Can I start to build more volume on these??

Thanks

Nuno.

 

Daniel Janyicsek

Hy nuno! How are you doing? You are making some great progress man! 

I found that you start with a good starting position, but after a few reps you shift more weight back on your toes again. 

The first pic. is your starting position, the second pic us your position after a few reps. As you can see your foot position changes which means that you shift your weight back as you go on. this also reduces your lean by a little bit. 

IMG_1849.PNG.7e7c95036d7960be74c2a3a0bb2e5541.PNGIMG_1848.PNG.9be3dc4e53d402e67c8a6951d0738026.PNG   

beside that its looking really good. Keep smashing it! 

Daniel

Alessandro Mainente

Good analysis above.

Notice that once a solid plank position it is achieved you do not have to change it. the biggest part of the weight should be on the shoulders, the remaining on the instep.

Nuno Duarte

Hi Daniel!

Great to hear from you! Hope everything is good!:)

Thanks for your help. You are absolutely right!

I filmed today again to try to correct this element. What do you guys think?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely better! relax the feet!!! ;-)

Ezra Richardson

@Nuno Duarte Awesome improvement in your latest post man! I had picked up on your toes but you corrected that without hesitation. I'm also working on this PE and loving the struggle LOL one the better tips I received was to aim for "light toes" at the bottom of each rep, meaning you might have to even further increase your lean...enjoy!

Luke Searra

Great job Nuno, try to maintain that same protraction in 0:07 throughout the push-ups and the movement will have excellent form. Like Alessandro was saying, the toes are secondary to PPT and scapular protraction.

Luke Searra

Nevertheless, you are looking great.

Nuno Duarte

Hi!

After restarting foundations in the new year , I reached this element and now I think I am doing it better :)

What do you think?

Hope everyone is doing good!

Nuno Duarte

 

Alessandro Mainente

NIce work now.

Nuno Duarte

Hi everyone!

How is this looking?

I feel like when I try to relax the feet I tend to come back a bit in the upward part of the movement. What do you think?

Thanks

Nuno.

 

Luke Searra

Nuno your second video reps are more consistent but your feet keep sliding and reducing your lean between reps. You reduce the slide between reps by practising the movement more, or by keeping your toes against a wall or object so that you cannot move backwards, or by coming up onto bottoms of your toes to prevent sliding.

The toe point is not a primary point of performance for the strength movement, nonetheless, try to strive for the toes staying in about the same position or becoming lighter at the top of the reps.

You're killing it Nuno, keep it up.

Nuno Duarte

Hi!

I have been trying to make this element perfect...:D

How is this looking?

Thanks for your help!

Nuno.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Nuno there still exist a bit of compensation where you use the tibialis anterior muscles to make friction and reduce the tendency to fall. this is visible if you look the amount of flexion at the beginning of the rep (that is good) and the first moment after the bottom position (that is the compensated one), look below and try to relax the anterior tibialis.

relax.png

Nuno Duarte

Hey @Alessandro Mainente thanks for your help. I will try to relax my anterior tibialis. I understand what you are saying, but I have noticed that the athlete in the course video also has this tendency ( of course he has a much greater lean than mine:D). Is there any other focus I should pay attention during this exercise to eliminate the tendency of the foot to move? I am sorry to insist on this , its just that I am having a little  trouble not being able to keep my feet still and this seems to be a common issue in this element :).

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

Nuno

Alessandro Mainente

For now nope because your top position is clean!

Nuno Duarte

Hello again :)

I think i got this now. What do you think?

Thanks again,

Nuno.