This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Difficulty with three exercises per routine

Started by Paul Del Casino, July 27, 2017 · 3 Replies · 183 Views

Paul Del Casino

Using the Core series as an example, I'm having difficulty getting through all three exercises at the allotted sets/reps I've worked up to. I can perform each of the elements fine by themselves, but whatever the third exercise is is too hard because I'm tired from doing the other two. Now if I did the third exercise first, it would go fine. Just by virtue of it being last, I don't make any progress and sometimes slide backwards.

Should I reduce the step of all three exercises until I can get through the entire series (Core) without difficulty?  

Darin Phoenix

Hi Paul,

Can you please provide some more details before we can provide a recommendation.

Which step and progression are you on for each of the core exercises?

How long have you been on your current step?

With some more information I will be able to have a clearer picture of your situation and possibly some recommendations.

 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Your options include: 1. Your own suggestion of going down a step and or 2. completing the hardest first.

Tobias Karlsson

Also if you read through the text on the website you will notice that it should be difficult. The last few reps should be challenging. Not impossible or with bad form, but you should put a lot of effort into it.