This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Full body workout

Started by Edoardo Gervasi, July 26, 2017 · 10 Replies · 277 Views

Edoardo Gervasi

I'd like to train all my muscle groups at once and do it 3-4 times a week, is this recomended for f1 and handstand?

Everett Carroll

Hi Edoardo,

Great question. At first, we suggest starting off by performing each workout once per week. Every 4-12 weeks, as long as you feel you are recovering well, feel free to add more volume to your schedule. Spend another 4-12 weeks on that same weekly schedule before repeating the process. Recovery runs the show and everyone has a different amount of volume that they can handle. 

Edoardo Gervasi

Thanks

Scott Garfield

I'm currently doing F1 once a week and H1/H2 twice a week.  I'm curious to know if most people are doing F1 twice or more a week.  Anyone?

Étienne Lajeunesse

I'm doing Handstand, Foundation 7 and Movement twice a week.  H1-2 and T1 are pretty doable but F7, sometimes, gets pretty hard the 2nd time.  I still love the hard work, even when it's really hard :)

Suzanna McGee
32 minutes ago, Scott Garfield said:

I'm currently doing F1 once a week and H1/H2 twice a week.  I'm curious to know if most people are doing F1 twice or more a week.  Anyone?

I do H1/H2 twice a week… I used to do F7 twice a week, but now I split it into F6 + legs with H1/H2, twice a week. Also I do all 3 stretches…. 

Scott Garfield

What do you mean by F6 and F7 please?

Étienne Lajeunesse
6 hours ago, Scott Garfield said:

What do you mean by F6 and F7 please?

Hi Scott,

F7 is for the 7 elements of foundation. What Suzanna means by F6 is the 6 elements of foundation in upperbody and core (3 in each).  Lowerbody is the 7th.

 

Scott Garfield

Aha. Thx Etienne. 

Everett Carroll
16 hours ago, Scott Garfield said:

I'm currently doing F1 once a week and H1/H2 twice a week.  I'm curious to know if most people are doing F1 twice or more a week.  Anyone?

You can build to performing each of the three Foundation workouts twice each per week. I have never needed any more than that, especially when combined with Handstand, Stretch, and Movement. 

Scott Garfield

Thanks Everett