Greetings,
I just started to train HBP/Pe3 and I want to make sure my form is ok. I am doing sets of 8 reps. I think that last reps are not good, but I'd like to hear expert opinions in order to improve.
Thank you for any tips or advice ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Danilo Pierpaoli, July 25, 2017 · 10 Replies · 289 Views
Greetings,
I just started to train HBP/Pe3 and I want to make sure my form is ok. I am doing sets of 8 reps. I think that last reps are not good, but I'd like to hear expert opinions in order to improve.
Thank you for any tips or advice ![]()
Hi Danilo,
Good work so far. You are doing a nice job of hitting strong protraction and PPT at the beginning of your set. As you get tired, you start to lose protraction and pick up a bit of pike at the bottom of your reps. I recommend taking a couple steps back and focusing on perfect form. Make sure you are touching your hips to the floor at the bottom of each rep. Also, work on retracting the scapula at the bottom of your push up.
You're doing a great job, keep at it!
Thank you Jeffrey! Yeah i saw that my form was worse after some reps. For a couple of steps back you mean decreasing reps or lean?
I believe Jeffrey means moving back in sets/reps by adjusting your settings in order to achieve better form throughout each set.
Thank you ![]()
I have been working on the 4 x 8 progression of the pseudo planche push up for the past month or so. This morning I realized that I was getting stronger so I can lean more.....however I couldn't do as many reps per set. I was wondering if I should go back in progression so I could do cleaner reps.....then I read this thread and the answer is yes. So starting next week I plan on doing 4 x4 and possibly submitting a form check as well. Thanks for starting this thread Danilo. You helped me out big time
Can I get a form review until the Video Submission app is fixed? I apologize for taking up the real estate with the embedded vids, I didn't realize until #4 that I could simply post links.
Hi Christopher, there are many problems here:
1-the exercise should be executed by supporting the weight on the instep, this makes the compensation harder;
2-heels are moving to the side and on the back, a common compensation when the strength is not enough;
3- in the bottom part, your forearms are vertical, in the correct position they should be inclined forward.
Got it. Back to the drawing board.
The latest Attempts. Please provide feedback. Also: any updates on when embedded video coaching will be back on web app?
Hi Christopher, please notice in all the reps you tend to slide a bit the feet backward as you begin the reps. a common mistake is moving the heels away, keep them together. strive for the full range of motion where you touch the floor with the chest and hold a better protraction at the top.