This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to do once I complete an element?

Started by Tyler Foo, July 24, 2017 · 5 Replies · 214 Views

Tyler Foo

I've completed SLS/SE5 in F2. But all my other elements are still in F1.

How should I continue?

Pauline Taube

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can begin the Foundation 2 course for this element while you continue to work through F1 for the remaining exercises. 

Feel free to share your progress with us, we'd love to follow your training :) 

Ivan Pomarico

Good point. Actually I am also rushing through SLS progressions wrt others since I already have a decent pistol squat and was wondering on how to go on. My expectations are to hit the end of the SLS progressions much earlier than anything else. Though I am loving the associated mobility drills. Anyone in the same situation?

Giulio Pizzini

I also started by rushing through the SLS progression since the strength elements were so easy and then got stuck badly on the iM of PE8.

So I decided to go back to PE1 and submit a mastery video for each element just to be sure I did not miss something (I was sure I did not). Lo and behold I did not get a pass even for the iM of PE1! I completely fooled myself on all the mobility work, I was doing all of them wrong. Just as an example on PE1 iM I was piking the leg instead of pushing it backward as I raised it. These are very subtle mistakes that only a coach's eye can spot.

For anybody used to weighted squats the initial strength elements of SLS will be very easy compared to the other elements. Still the mobility work is just as if not more challenging!  As usual the only way to progress "rapidly" is to submit mastery videos and get a pass before moving on, otherwise you end up having to go back all the way to the begininning and lose much more time.

Leo Trinidad

I want to share that I have similar experience with SLS. From experience, what I did was I did my SLS and all the previous elements before it. The knee series is a must. (all the mobility exercises in SLS Foundation 2)

Ivan Pomarico

Mmm... it sounds like I should pay more attention to the iM.

Thanks