I have never gotten the aspect of eating 5-7 mini meals a day instead of 3 meals a day why is this is? and does it actually do much difference?
Mini Meals
Started by pauley, March 8, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,499 Views
The only benefit would be for people who cannot eat enough in 3 meals. Otherwise, there is no advantage to eating more frequently.
I heard it increases metabolism, also heard it does not though. It helped me when I was dieting and was quite overweight. I had 6 evenly size evenly spaced meals per day, as I was never overly full my stomach began to shrink, so I got full quicker. Also since your next meal is never far away you are less likely to snack between meals.
Some might do it with protein, whey would be absorbed fairly quickly so they might want to spread it out evenly through out the day. I have heard people saying you can only take so much protein at a given time, e.g. 40g or something, though stuff like chicken would take far longer to digest.
That is not true about protein.
http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3347
I've been eating 5-6 mini meals 2,5-3 hours apart per day for the past two months. I think it's helping me build muscle, but then again, I am not keeping a journal of what I eat, so I am unsure of my results.