This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE6 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, July 23, 2017 · 7 Replies · 142 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello Guys!

Next week I'm goin to start working on elevated planche lean. I did some attempts in order to check my form. Here's a video:

What are your thoughts? How about overall form and amount of lean? 

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Alessandro

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Bump

Pauline Taube

Hi Alessandro,

Very nice form here :)

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
9 hours ago, Pauline Taube said:

Hi Alessandro,

Very nice form here :)

 

Very Well! Thanks for your feedback @Pauline Taube! I'll post un update as I see some progress! 

Pauline Taube

Awesome! Looking forward to it :)

Jin Liu
On 7/25/2017 at 3:40 AM, Pauline Taube said:

Awesome! Looking forward to it :)

@Alessandro Di Sanzo Me too, I'm looking forward to more of your progress! I like your videos just as much as, if not more than, the course videos especially for the plank lean elements. I like watching the true side view, which makes it easy for me to judge & compare my degree of lean, shoulder protraction, and body alignment. The course videos, including the demo, the technical tips, and the follow along videos, are shot from various different angles, which are very helpful in demonstrating the important focus points. But without a true side view, I don't know how to compare my lean to the lean at the mastery level. Alessandro's diagram, and other tips from coaches kinda solve the problem. But I still find a true side view video is the most helpful. So please, post more videos, and thanks for that! :)

Alessandro Di Sanzo
18 hours ago, Jin Liu said:

@Alessandro Di Sanzo Me too, I'm looking forward to more of your progress! I like your videos just as much as, if not more than, the course videos especially for the plank lean elements. I like watching the true side view, which makes it easy for me to judge & compare my degree of lean, shoulder protraction, and body alignment. The course videos, including the demo, the technical tips, and the follow along videos, are shot from various different angles, which are very helpful in demonstrating the important focus points. But without a true side view, I don't know how to compare my lean to the lean at the mastery level. Alessandro's diagram, and other tips from coaches kinda solve the problem. But I still find a true side view video is the most helpful. So please, post more videos, and thanks for that! :)

I realized a long time ago that the best way to progress was to post videos even for some exercises for which my guess was that I was working in the correct way. In this contest the GB forum is crucial: I could say that in the 95% of the posted videos I've had something to fix! :D GB Coaches have hawk eyes, they can see the minimal imperfection! So I think I'm going to post more and more videos, don't worry @Jin Liu;)!! Keep up the hard work!

 

Jin Liu
44 minutes ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

I realized a long time ago that the best way to progress was to post videos even for some exercises for which my guess was that I was working in the correct way. In this contest the GB forum is crucial: I could say that in the 95% of the posted videos I've had something to fix! :D GB Coaches have hawk eyes, they can see the minimal imperfection! So I think I'm going to post more and more videos, don't worry @Jin Liu;)!! Keep up the hard work!

 

Couldn't agree more! I improved so much and gained a ton of body awareness after I started to videotape myself, and listened to coaches suggestions. Now my eyes are getting more and more critical too, lol. I'd say that videotaping + this forum is the singe best alternative if you don't have a live coach next to you when you train.