Hi,
I recently started the upper body foundation class. The row exercise requires rings. I don't have access to rings and often work out at home. What can I substitute?
thanks,
Semyon
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Semyon Kruglyak, July 23, 2017 · 5 Replies · 177 Views
Hi,
I recently started the upper body foundation class. The row exercise requires rings. I don't have access to rings and often work out at home. What can I substitute?
thanks,
Semyon
Hey Semyon,
Whilst it is possible to find alternatives to rings for rowing exercises why would you bother? A set of rings is so inexpensive to buy these days and they are part of the required equipment for your Foundation training.
You will spend a lot of your time and effort trying to find substitutes for them which will not provide the same effect the easiest solution is to purchase yourself a set.
As a stopgap I have used my bjj belt for these before, but rings are most versatile ![]()
For a list of previously suggested equipment alternatives: "New to Foundation One? Start Here" by Cory Fair
Read the following also: "Foundation One Excercise F.A.Q."
Hi Semyon,
I've tried some substitutes, and in a pinch they're okay, but I've been working on F1 for almost three months now and nothing quite compares to using actual rings.
There was a discount code that goes with having purchased any of the GB lessons that could get them at a very good price. Just don't ask me where on this website, because I'm not very good at navigating it yet!
(Maybe someone else can post the page/discount code?)
Thanks everyone! I did not realize rings were so easy to get and install. I already have a pull-up bar and can hang some rings from it.