This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about programming

Started by Nuno Duarte, July 22, 2017 · 9 Replies · 210 Views

Nuno Duarte

Hello to all!

I have a question that I think you can help me with

Right now my schedule looks like this:

Monday: HS + FS

Tuesday : F7

Wednesday : TB

Thursday: off

Friday : HS + FS

Saturday: F7

Sunday: off

( sometimes I change the days of the stretch series depending on how I feel)

I did not started this way since previously I did 3 day split + 1 HS day for quite a while until I felt fresh in the start of the week and only then added volume.

I have been progressing pretty good but the last couple a weeks I have been on vacation and I added some 'mobility + flexibility' only sessions where I focused on a particular area ( shoulders, hips,etc..) Witch I really found helpful!

However I think this ended being some high volume per week in terms of days and time of training

So I thought modify my schedule to this :

Monday : HS + F3

Wednesday: F7

Friday: HS + F4

( plus the stretch series of course:D)

This way I think  I can add some days to focusing on my mobility and flexibility deficits witch are my main deficits and continue to have one F7 session witch I find fun and demanding;) without loosing the total amount of volume per week

In your experience Does this make any sense? 

Thanks to all!!!:)

Alessandro Mainente

HI Nuno, I think that generally, our deficiencies should be our first goal. This means that the entire week it is build up around them. I usually begin the week (where I fresher mentally and physically) with strong work on the weak points, this ensures that, as the week moves to the end, if I cannot do a workout session, I still have done at least one strong session for my workout. 

Nuno Duarte

@Alessandro Mainente that makes perfect sense. So do you think my approach would be wise??

Thanks for your help as usual!:)

Alessandro Mainente

I think it is reasonable but I still prefer the foundations on 4 days.

Nuno Duarte

@Alessandro Mainente do you mean split the F7 session in two separate sessions as well? And if so, may I ask why do you prefer that approach? ( just curious...:D)Or do you also mean to separate the foundations sessions from the handstand sessions?

Alessandro Mainente

For the handstand session depends on your level, Actually, i'm working on the advanced elements of H2 and working on H3 . handstand 1 it is a warm up. in this case the work it is more compared to the beginning of H1. Also, i've finished foundations 4 except for manna. this means that my schedule it is based on my level. if someone needs a fresh shoulder for his/her first free handstand work or wall handstand work then perform the HBP progression could be a problem in terms of energy.

Nuno Duarte

@Alessandro Mainente I was thinking about performing handstand work before foundation work.is this wise? When I finish my handstand session I usually feel that I still have plenty of energy.

When you mentioned doing foundation in 4 days do you mean split the F7 session in 2 sessions also? If so , why do you prefer this way?

In the end of the day there is nothing like trying new things:) I guess I'll try this approach and get back to you!

Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente

Simply because the more you advance the more the exercises have a higher intensity.

I generally prefer to do a handstand on a separate day, you have 2 option in functions of your level:

-if you are practicing technical PE then you should do it when you are fresh

-if not you are free to choose.

Nuno Duarte

@Alessandro Mainente thanks for your answer.

what do you mean by technical PE?

Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente

Every type of free handstand or every element where there is a very low assistance from the wall.