I'm wanting to trim down a bit of fat I've gotten in the time I've been injured and just wanted to see if anyone else tried anything similar and the results. So far I've just been doing isometrics for the last 4 months to rehabilitate my injuries in a range of places with great results, but you dont seem to burn a lot of calories doing it. In testing my strength at the end of the most recent SSC it seems I can handle dynamic press-ups, squats, calf raises and rows again (feet on ground and body at about 30degrees). I cant quite handle running or swimming yet due to knee/shoulder injury and don't wanna push it yet. I was thinking of just doing circuits of 5 of each (including crunches too) and repeating until I collapse (hopefully totaling 50-100 of each) once I've finished my isometric work to try and actually get my heart rate up and get some fitness back. I can do harder variations but I think the high reps might help with getting over the final hurdle injury wise.
Has anyone tried anything like this along with static holds? Did it impede your strength work or not?