This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1/GST for Scoliosis

Started by Chris Coner, July 21, 2017 · 4 Replies · 118 Views

Chris Coner

Hi,

 

I have been working my way through F1 for the last year or so and really enjoying it.

 

I'm curious whether there are any specific exercises from F1 which would help improve scoliosis?  My wife has unfortunately developed this and I was wondering whether some of the elements of F1 would help. 

 

She is probably unlikely to commit to doing the full F1 program, so I was wondering which 2-3 exercises might benefit her the most?  We will be seeking advice from a health professional, but I thought some GST/F1 stuff would help.

 

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.  Best wishes from an overcast Edinburgh.

 

Chris

Luke Searra

Hello Chris,

Some of our GB coaches have experience and success using GST and F1 to help scoliosis.

I will try get our coach that has experience working with scoliosis and F1 to contact you or post here for everyone benefit.

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Chris, 

From years of bad posture and using the same muscles for certain things I developed a bit of a spinal rotation myself. The foundation one course has been super helpful in building up my core strenght. The stretch courses is where I spend lots of my time, before and after training. 

Another thing I find beneficial is an inversion table. This has helped correct my posture and relieve any tension after workouts. 

GST is definitely the best type of training I have found in helping me work out the imbalances in my body. 

 

Suzanna McGee
9 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:

Another thing I find beneficial is an inversion table. This has helped correct my posture and relieve any tension after workouts. 

How long do you hang in your inversion table, Tanya? And immediately after the workout, or any time during the day after the workout is done? Just curious…. I have an inversion table at home, and I am too "lazy" to use it. I probably should, it can only make things better.  :-) 

Chris Coner

Thanks for your input, I'll look in to the inversion table.

 

Are there any particular F1 exercises which you have found useful?

 

Cheers,

 

Chris