This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE4 & iM form check please

Started by James Hill, July 21, 2017 · 8 Replies · 94 Views

James Hill

This is a new movement, please could you check my form and provide any guidance?

Are my feet too low? Do I need to find a way to bring my legs closer to horizontal?

How heavy should the iM be? I started with 10kg which seemed too light and was using 16kg here which I felt was starting to create a pull.

Thank you,

James

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI James, yes the Heel are too low, they must be at the same level of the hips.

James Hill

thank you though not sure how i am going to achieve that in the gym I go to; does anyone have any good suggestions (other than "find a better gym")?

Nicholas Murray

Does the gym have strong elastic bands? You could potentially lean off the side of the bench you have you phone sitting on, with a strong band around your ankles holding you down?

James Hill

Thanks Nicholas, that is not actually a bench but one of those assisted pull-up machines but i like the idea in general. I found this thread (below) on the forum and am going to try Greg White's method at home. Someone also suggested plyo boxes with feet under a handrail so might try that in the gym too as all the benches are pretty low.

 

james

James Hill

Is this a better set-up? have used Nick Murray 's suggestion of a strong band to hold the feet down.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi James,

Your setup looks better. You can also do this exercise laying over a bench while using a bar or other piece of equipment to hold your feet.

James Hill

Thanks Jeff, the benches tended to be too low however such that I could only fold to halfway. Other than that was the form ok to start adding volume?

James

Jeffrey Bittner

Your form looks good, James!