This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 Step 6/7

Started by Matthew Raynor, July 19, 2017 · 2 Replies · 55 Views

Matthew Raynor

Long time reader! First time poster! I've been following Coach's progressions for almost 3 years(F1 and H1) I've hit road blocks in other progressions and overcome them. Now I'm nearly through foundation one except for the HBP progressions. With the push-ups, I keep bouncing between Step 6 and 7. Would someone be able to give some tips on my form? And are there any other ways to grease the groove? This is definitely my biggest weakness that I need to overcome to progress towards my goals. Thanks for the help! Great community here. 

Matthew

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Matthew,

It's great to see that you are working hard.

As you do your push ups, work on keeping a stronger posterior pelvic tilt (PPT). As you lower yourself down, make sure to touch your knees, hips and chest to the ground, in that order, respectively. Also, work on protracting the scapula at the top of each rep.

Matthew Raynor

Thanks Jeffrey!