This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stiff leg windmill - cranking

Started by Peter Ols, July 18, 2017 · 4 Replies · 174 Views

Peter Ols

Hi!

just finished todays core-session and one of the mobility exercises was Stiff leg windmill. An interesting exercise for me with "not that great" shoulder mobility.

I did the exercise pretty ok with 3kg barbell but the shoulder especially the right cranked and I felt a little of discomfort in the transition/rotation. The cranking seems to come from the frontal part of the shoulders seems like the biceps tendons having trouble gliding when the shoulder rotates.

I hope its just that I cant hold my shouder retracted when internal rotation is demanded and that makes less "room" for the tendons in front of the shoulder...

Is there any good exercices for getting rid of this and is it normal that the shoulder makes ranking in this exercise ?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Peter it is the sound associated also with pain?

Peter Ols

I would not say pain, more discomfort. And no problem afterwards.

Peter Ols

Today I did Xiaopeng and I really liked it. No discomfort and after I also tried the windmill again, no problem. I think it was a bad day yesterday!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Peter,

I'm glad to hear that today's training went better than yesterday. Keep an eye on the shoulder. If it starts to bother you, then back off.