This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge Hold, Pushups and Taps extra work?

Started by Philip Windsor, July 18, 2017 · 6 Replies · 132 Views

Philip Windsor

Hi all,

I'm guessing like a lot of people when you start (8 weeks i think now) i feel like i don't have the strength to do the full set of Thoracic Bridge Holds, Pushups and Hip Taps.  

The hip taps are impossible for me at the moment so I'm just working on shifting my weight between the hands and trying to life the hand up a bit.

You know its probably a stupid question when you start it with .... I know your only meant to do the stretches once a week but....

Would there be any benefit of me adding a few sets of 30 sec bridges at the end of my Handstand work, to help strength progress or am i just being impatient lol

thanks all

p.s. I do handstand work  twice a week

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Philip, the bridge creates a lot of stress in the spine, so additional work on the bridge can be done when you have already mastered the bridge. If not I would spend some time in the week on the cat variations.

Philip Windsor

Thanks for the swift response, ill do some cat variations then.

 

Jennifer Marie

Thanks for posting this Philip! 

Hi Alessandro, I'm in the same spot -- moving my hands a little, just off the floor, instead of hip taps. I believe a lot of it is lack of confidence in that elevated position, but no doubt I'm lacking enough strength to move all the way to the hip too.

I've been substituting an additional 20-ish seconds in a second elevated bridge (with a band if I'm feeling tired) for the hip taps. Should I not do that? I feel good afterwards, and my back has been feeling great after doing the TB workout for a few weeks now, so I didn't think much of doing the extra during the routine.

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Jennifer,

I think you will be fine to perform an additional set of the elevated bridge when doing the series.

Feel free to submit a form check :) 

Jennifer Marie

I'm still working up to actually videoing myself. I see how helpful it is, but... I'll try :)

 

Thanks Pauline!

Philip Windsor

Looks forward to see your progress @Jennifer Marie, sounds like we are both on the right track.  Feeling stronger every session :D  Going to try the extra set of elevated bridge instead of the hip taps until i feel more solid in the static position.