This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE6

Started by Guido Franchetti, July 18, 2017 · 6 Replies · 102 Views

Guido Franchetti

Hello, here is my PE6-iM, 5 reps from the front and then 5 from the side.

I have no problems with the dislocate itself. The hard part for me is to lower the bar down to the chest: I feel quite a lot of stretch in the arm, elbow and mostly forearm, especially on the little finger side.

I am fighting to keep hands and wrist still, but from the side view is quite evident that I compensate by rounding the shoulders.

Interestingly, I find it easier with some weight (1.75 kg in the video) than with the empty dowel as the weight helps me achieving more internal rotation.

Any advice? Thanks!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Guido,

It looks pretty good. As your wrist flexibility improves, this exercise will get easier on forearm, elbows and shoulders. Keep working your wrists prep exercises on your Handstand days to help with this issue.

In your video, you can see that you have a small imbalance in your shoulders. Your right shoulder tends to elevate more than your left. You can see that when the bar is over your head it tends to slant down to your left side. I recommend doing this exercise in front of a mirror so you can make sure that you are keeping the bar straight throughout your set. On some of your reps you are also letting your ribs come out. Keep your core engaged to help keep the ribs pulled in.

Guido Franchetti

Thank you very much for the feedback Jeffrey, I'll work on those points!

Guido Franchetti

How is this PE going? Thanks!

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Guido Franchetti,

Looking strong man. My only concern for your setup is the distribution of weight in the dowel. Other than that it looks solid to me.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Guido, tray to modify the weight distribution, having 5 kg on a 2cm diameter it is not the same of having 5 kg on 5 cm diameters.

Guido Franchetti

@Leo Trinidad and @Alessandro Mainente Thanks for the feedback, is the problem the fact that the weight distribution is not symmetric or that there may be to much weight for the dowel? They weights look large for their actual weight, the total is just 3.5 kg (2+1+0.5).